- Beyond The ‘Us Vs Them’ Paradigm
- Art|Design Glass … Art – You Can Eat On!
- Suzanne Amendolagine’s Paintings And Ceramics
- Superior Flood And Fire Restoration Inc.
- Honour And Remember Lives Lost April 28
- BC Aquasonics Sweep Lower Mainland Regionals
- BC Safety Charter Roundtable
- Welcome To Maple Ridge And Pitt Meadows
Sports: Vancouver Canuck 1st Ever Goal Scorer-Barry Wilkins Dies Sunday
By David Murray. The first time I met Barry Wilkins I was just starting my working career as a Zamboni driver at the Pacific Coliseum at the PNE. Barry was a class act , always stopping to say hello.
He will always be remembered having scored the first-ever goal for the 1970-71 expansion NHL Vancouver Canucks.
Barry Wilkins, 64, died on Sunday evening at his home in Chandler, Arizona, He had stuggled and lost his battle with lung cancer. His wife Marilyn and son Jamie were at his bedside.
Oct. 9, 1970 was the night of the “Nucks” first game which saw him shoot a puck past goaltender Dennis DeJordy at 2: 14 of the third period. Vancouver lost the historic game 3-1.
Wilkins was claimed by Vancouver from the Boston Bruins in the 1970 expansion draft and played four seasons with the Canucks .
Barry , you will be missed!