- SWAT Reading Skills Program A SuccessPosted 2 days ago
- Pitt Meadows Day Promises To Be A Festive Day For AllPosted 10 days ago
- Election ResultsPosted 11 days ago
- Robyn & Ryleigh Release Video Of New SinglePosted 15 days ago
- Sumas LakePosted 19 days ago
- Edward Marke Antonsen Charged With Second Degree MurderPosted 19 days ago
- Talent On Display At Absolute Style 2013Posted 22 days ago
- Fit With Fiedo Spring Fitness BootcampsPosted 23 days ago
Pitt Meadows News: 3rd Annual Wes Durksen Charity Golf Tournament Raises Money For KidSport
By David Murray. It was my pleasure tonight to attend one of the finest sports auctions I have been to in a long time. What made this event even better was every cent went to help out so “All Kids Can Play”.
Len Walters Chair of the Pitt Meadows-Maple Ridge chapter was on hand to say a few words about what KidSport has done in the community so far.
“Last year KidSport helped fund 156 kids so they could participate in sports and raised over $33,500.
The golf tournament which was in the late Wes Durksen’s honour saw over 85 people attend the dinner-auction and saw many golfers participate during the day .
Kyle Robertson one of the tournament organizers did a great job as he had many fantastic items for auction. An IPad , A Pavel Bure , Keven Bieksa and Jean Beliveau autograph jerseys were some of the items for auction.
If you would like to get involved with KidSport or make a donation please contact Mr. Len Walters who is Chair of Kidsport Maple Ridge/Pitt Meadows phone 778-227-0214