- Pitt Meadows Day Promises To Be A Festive Day For AllPosted 7 days ago
- Election ResultsPosted 8 days ago
- Robyn & Ryleigh Release Video Of New SinglePosted 12 days ago
- Sumas LakePosted 16 days ago
- Edward Marke Antonsen Charged With Second Degree MurderPosted 16 days ago
- Talent On Display At Absolute Style 2013Posted 19 days ago
- Fit With Fiedo Spring Fitness BootcampsPosted 21 days ago
- BC Safety Charter Surpasses 70 SignaturesPosted 26 days ago
Letters: APP Is A Hypocritical And Farcical Document
UPDATED 15/06/12 – COMMENTS RECEIVED – Dear Editor. Thank You Sharon Gaetz for the invitation to this meeting (below), and I’m sure I’m not alone in looking forward to some answers!
You state in your letter, and I’ve heard it mentioned several times by proponents of this APP regarding:
“… because of ongoing conflicts between residents and gravel operators. In response to this, the Aggregate Pilot Project was initiated in 2004 by the Minister of State for Mines for the purpose of developing recommendations and strategies for reducing these conflicts”.
As a property owner at Lake Errock I look forward to hearing that the APP will finally allow us an opportunity to find the peace and tranquility that has been denied us, by an obscenely misplaced gravel pit! As you and others state…the main reason this APP has come to be, was “mostly to reduce these conflicts”.
I will also applaud the FVRD staff when they finally gain the fortitude to enforce their bylaws, where ALL gravel pits must have SRP in appropriate zoning, and where Crushing will finally be expeditiously terminated, when carried out in non permitted zoning!
I will say this, and any unbiased and intelligent person would agree that; If any area that lies within one or a few hundred meters of any neighbourhood is not colored effectively RED, than this APP will prove itself to be a most hypocritical and farcical document that ever took 8 years to fabricate!
I’m sure many look forward to sharing this “Milestone” with you and your staff, and to bear witness the significant ‘Conflict reducing measures’ that is said, initiated this APP, and how it will greatly benefit us distraught residents of Lake Errock, and those in other Fraser Valley communities.
Robert J Muckle