- Pitt Meadows Day Promises To Be A Festive Day For AllPosted 5 days ago
- Election ResultsPosted 6 days ago
- Robyn & Ryleigh Release Video Of New SinglePosted 10 days ago
- Sumas LakePosted 14 days ago
- Edward Marke Antonsen Charged With Second Degree MurderPosted 14 days ago
- Talent On Display At Absolute Style 2013Posted 17 days ago
- Fit With Fiedo Spring Fitness BootcampsPosted 19 days ago
- BC Safety Charter Surpasses 70 SignaturesPosted 24 days ago
Letter: Randy Kamp Product Of A Dysfunctional Electoral System
Dear Editor. After reading some of the comments of Randy Kamp Maple Ridge Pitt meadows Federal representative in Ottawa, who is also the Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Fisheries, I have to wonder whether he is just a product of a broken, dysfunctional electoral system .
Is he really the best advocate or representative to stand up for our best interests in Ottawa? In his own words – ‘It seems to me that a study needs to have something of an open mind for it to be valid.’ He then claims that the gutting of fisheries and environmental rules will provide greater certainly and consistency for stakeholders.
My question is; which stakeholders is he talking about? Fish farms, oil companies, or pipeline owners? It certainly can’t be fisheries, the enviroment or the best interests of Canadians or any of it’s non-human inhabitants.
This whole less would be funny if it wasn’t so dangerous and destructive, not to mention insulting to the intelligence of every Canadian. If Randy Kamp ever had a original idea or opinion that he didn’t glean from Steven Harper the world would surely stop spinning.
If less really is more then Mr. Kamp is the man for you, although he is probably being wasted in his present position he would be a perfect fit for say, the Ministry of Propaganda.