- Pitt Meadows Day Promises To Be A Festive Day For AllPosted 3 days ago
- Election ResultsPosted 4 days ago
- Robyn & Ryleigh Release Video Of New SinglePosted 8 days ago
- Sumas LakePosted 12 days ago
- Edward Marke Antonsen Charged With Second Degree MurderPosted 12 days ago
- Talent On Display At Absolute Style 2013Posted 15 days ago
- Fit With Fiedo Spring Fitness BootcampsPosted 16 days ago
- BC Safety Charter Surpasses 70 SignaturesPosted 21 days ago
Business: Socrates Greek Taverna Restaurant Review
With a fabulous menu and friendly staff like ‘Maggie’, Socrates is a great place
for an intimate dinner for two or a family outing. The authentic music from Greece
adds to the enjoyment of the dining experience.
If you choose to start off your dinner with an appetizer, I suggest a plate of
‘Keftedes’ (a Greek style meatball that is to die for) which is served with fresh
tzatziki and hot pita bread and a wedge of lemon. If fish is more your style,
try starting off with a plate of calamari or ‘Shrimp A la Pana’ (tiger prawns in
Entrees are both traditional and they also serve some Italian and ‘Canadiana’
dishes. I highly recommend the lamp chops. Served with potatoes, rice and
Greek salad. For $17.95, it’s a bargain. For the hungry man, nothing hits the spot
like their ‘Greek Style Ribs’ (pork ribs that are seasoned and cooked to fall off the
bone perfection). For the non meat eaters, Socrates has a myriad of seafood
dishes and a fantastically filling Veggie Plate (potatoes, rice and Greek salad).
To accompany your meal, Socrates has several beers and wines available as
well as the non alcoholic normalities.
Of course, no dinner is ever complete without dessert and Socrates presents
some of the richest, most decadent desserts Maple Ridge has. From the
traditional Baklava to the light but still opulent Mango berry Cheesecake.
Socrates offers both dine in and take out as well as limited delivery (with
minimum purchase). Reservations aren’t always necessary but I do recommend
them for a special evening or on the weekend when they are quite busy.
Socrates Greek Taverna
19-20691 Lougheed Hwy.
Maple Ridge, BC V2X 2P9
website: Click Here.